Adventures, misadventures, and everyday inspiration out of the ‘bue
On the onset of 2016, the Out of the ‘bue Blog was created to document and share experiences out of the ‘bue—the ‘bue being Kotzebue. I strive every day to show others that you are not only valuable as an individual but that you can do anything you want to in this wonderful, unpredictable, and short life.
Halauġikpiñ atira Aagnauruq
Hello my name is Rebekah! Aagnauruq is my Inupiaq name given to me by my late mother, it means ‘Little Woman’, or ‘Little Momma’. I was born and raised in a small town 33 miles above the Arctic Circle: Kotzebue, Alaska. A decade ago I graduated High School I went out of the ‘bue and off to explore the world, and myself. I am a girl of the tundra, salt water ocean, and rocky beaches; out of the ’bue capturing stories from my everyday extraordinary life in Alaska.
My Life Mission Statement
To laugh often and much; to leave the world a better place; to be a positive influence to those around me; to never stop learning, growing, loving, and exploring.
Things I know for sure:
- You deserve happiness, love, and respect.
- You can do anything you want to in this wonderful, crazy, and short life.
- Everything happens for a reason, and God knows the intricate web of life and invisible and visible connections between everything.
- Exercise and surrounding yourself with Mother Nature can do wonders for you.
- You get out of life what you put in, especially with your body and what you eat.