Scholarships available to Kotzebue Residents.
City of Kotzebue
* Must be a High School Senior graduating from Kotzebue High School.
Annual: March 6
Spring: November 30
City Manager 907 442-3401
Jeff Smith Memorial Scholarship
* Must be a graduate of Kotzebue High School.
Kikitagruk Inupiat Corporation (KIC) Scholarship
KIC shareholders and descendants are eligible for educational assistance through the KIC Scholarship Foundation. The application deadline for the fall semester is August 1, and the deadline for the spring semester is January 10. Policy subject to change.
The program is open to students attending universities, community colleges and vocational or training programs on a full-time or part-time basis. Short-term vocational programs are also acceptable. Please note that we recommend students submit applications as soon as possible to guarantee funding. Contact the Shareholder Relations Coordinator if you have any questions.
* Must be a KIC Shareholder or Descendant
Annual: August 1
Spring: January 10
Kotzebue Electric Association (KEA) Scholarship
* Co-op Member for KEA
Kotzebue Lions Club
* Must be a resident of Kotzebue, graduated from Kotzebue High School or a part of a family from Kotzebue.
* 2.0+ GPA
* Must be attending Univeristy/ Colelge or Vocational traning within 12 months of high school graduation or continuance of vocational/ technical school.
* Must be enrolled in an accredited University/ College or Vocational Training.
Zonna Lie-Ito OTZ Scholarship
OTZ is home to the Zonna Lie-Ito OTZ Scholarships, awarded every year to four deserving students headed to college or vocational school. Interested? Check out the links below and apply today.
We were blessed to have Zonna as an employee and friend here at OTZ, from when she started with us on April 27, 2004, until she passed away on June 21, 2007.
Through her talent, creativity, energy, enthusiasm and hard work, Zonna played a big part in making changes in the way we serve our members. She was also one of those rare individuals who could really see where we needed to go as an organization and take all of the steps necessary to get us there. One of the many things we appreciated about Zonna was that she was so positive about work and life.
In Zonna’s memory, and to celebrate her positive spirit for generations to come, we are very proud to rename our scholarship in her honor. It’s now called the Zonna Lie-Ito OTZ Scholarship.
* Must be current OTZ Co-Op Member or descendant of OTZ members in Good standing.
* 2.0 + GPA
* HS Graduate or GED Equivalent
* Must be in a telecommunications related field such as, but not limited to, engineering, accounting, business, finance, computer science, construction & project management, customer relations, or wireless/telephone/Internet information technologies.
* Please Note: Students must contact the scholarship/ funding organization to confirm deadlines, applications, qualification standards, requirements, duration, and amounts as this information can change without notice.
This is NOT an exhaustive list of all scholarship/student opportunities available.